Social Media & Content Creator
Responsible to: Marketing Manager
Responsible for: Creating and delivering content for all social media platforms, as well as supporting the Marketing and Communications team
Closing Date: 01/11/2021
In this role you will support our charity’s vital wildlife and conservation work by proactively delivering inspiring and engaging content across the Trust’s digital channels. You will need to understand our visitors and audiences, have ideas for attracting new ones and build on our existing digital audience with your engaging content.
- Manage the creation of social media across all social platforms
- Respond to messages and comments across all social platforms
- Suggest new initiatives to stay relevant with the latest social media trends
- Assist with and capitalise on opportunities at Marketing, Communications and Fundraising events
- Assist with photo shoots and visits from TV, Radio and Press
- Grow social media followers, and improve engagement & ultimately conversions
- Create and edit digital content for use across platforms
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The successful applicant will be a great communicator with experience of social media and a strong portfolio of content, coupled with a real passion for content creation. Someone who is self-motivated, organised, can prioritise their workload, but can also work effectively within a small team would be best suited for this position.
The candidate will need to be a creative, innovative thinker with the ability to react quickly to trending topics and stories. A high proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, alongside good copywriting and proofing skills are highly desirable.
This position provides the opportunity to become a part of an ambitious, growing team, so will be ideal for someone who is hard-working, proactive, positive and fun. Part of the responsibilities will involve working across all departments of the Trust, so will require someone who communicates well at all levels and builds relationships across departments.
- Evidence of creative and effective social media and content creation
- Management of multiple social media accounts
- Strong attention to detail in writing engaging copy and generating content
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite and/or other content creating software
- Strong understanding of digital media and measuring performance
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills, with a keen eye for design
- Experience of working in a digital marketing or sales and marketing environment
- Experience using Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics and other digital measurement tools to inform content creation and best times to deliver content
- Knowledge of latest algorithms used by social media platforms
- Experience using email marketing software
Above all, Wildwood is looking for a candidate who can demonstrate a genuine love of British wildlife and a belief in Wildwood’s Mission.
Procedure for Applicants
Application is by C.V. and must contain the following information:
- Name, address, contact phone numbers
- Personal Statement
- Employment history
- Educational history
You should include a statement of the relevant skills and experience that you believe you will bring to the job, paying careful attention to the requirements of the job outlined above.
You should give two referees to whom we can turn for a confidential reference, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. References will only be taken up for those candidates chosen for interview or, with regard to current employer, on offer of contract.
Applications will not normally be acknowledged. If you would like yours to be acknowledged, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed postcard.
Applications should be sent to Sam Scott, Wildwood Trust, Herne Common, Herne Bay, Kent, CT6 7LQ. Or alternatively email email@example.com